Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by 358WCF
[quote=Huntz]

I keep hearing this but where's all the loaded ammo?

On pallets in people’s basements—right along side the 22lr ammo, primers, and toilet paper............

It’s interesting that every time there’s a shortage people start blaming it on hoarding. I haven’t bought powder or primers in 6 years since I retired. Stocked up on those. Still have 10 flats of bulk 22LR the last that were bought in 2007, but did replace 3 flats that I gave away during the shortage to our clubs Appleseed program for youth and ladies learning to shoot.
Started buying 556 ammo when PSA was selling it with a 50.00 per can rebate which brought 55 grain down to 23 cents and 62 grain to 30. I couldn’t reload it for cheaper. Got about 6000 rounds of each. Hoarding? No way, just smart buying.
Now you want to know why no loaded ammo, pull your head out of the sand. 5 million + new gun owners since July. All buying loaded ammo and when they ran out of that reloading components. Pandemic shut down the factories as I said earlier Hornady was shut down for 3 months.
If you haven’t got ammo or components it’s your own short sightedness that caused it.

Swifty