Originally Posted by MtnT
SAF generates higher pressures, per QL
TBBC isn’t available

JB, do u think I am good to stay with the Partitions?
They do shoot straight

This entire discussion is kind of like trying to choose between several excellent kinds of ice cream. I know you are good staying with the Partitions, as I have been taking big game with them for close to 20 years now, ranging up to around 1500 pounds, using the Big Game load mentioned earlier. They not only penetrate very deeply (they're one of the heavier Nosler Partition that have the partition moved forward to retain more weight) but also knock the snot out of African game. In fact, when I used my 9.3x62 as my "light" rifle on a safari a few years ago, my hunting partner used a .300 Winchester Magnum with 180-grain bullets, and was so impressed with how the 9.3x62 worked that he bought one himself after returning from the hunt. (The PH was also so impressed that he wanted me to take my second buffalo with the 9.3 rather then the .416 Rigby I used on my first, but we did not find a "better" buffalo when hunting with the 9.3. I think he was more disappointed than I was.)

That said, one of the virtues of the 9.3x62 is itsmoderate velocity with 286s, even when increased somewhat with modern powders, results in very good terminal performance with most bullets, including cup-and-cores like the Hornady Interlock. This is a big part of the reason the 9.3x62 is still around after more than century. You're not going to have "problems" with the 286 Partition, any more than you would with any of the other bullets mentioned so far. It works very well.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck