Tejano,

I would not change a good load with a good bullet just because the PH suggests another bullet. There are too many good bullets out there these days--and I have also found more PHs think highly of Partitions (especially the heavier models designed to retain more weight) than you would imagine from Internet posts from safari hunters.

I once hunted with Luke Samaras, one of the older, legendary PHs who started in Kenya, and then when they closed big game huntinf down in 1977, switched to Tanzania. (There was also a period where Tanzania closed down as well, which Luke spent working for Rigby in England.) Like Harry Selby, Luke is a big fan of the .416 Rigby, and since I brought a .416 Rigby we had a pretty good talk about why.

During that talk he found I'd brought ammo loaded with 400-grain Partitions, and said, "I didn't know Nosler made .416 bullets! If I did, I would load them instead the ---- I've been using."

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck