Originally Posted by JD45
Mr. Mule Deer, I've read your articles for 25yrs at least. You're a great gunwriter and I've learned a lot.

I'd never tried Ramshot powders. And the only place I hear about them is from you. Do you have some sort of deal with them? Or, are they just really great powders?

Thanks very much, but if "the only place I hear about them [Ramshot powders} is from you" then you haven't read much.

I don't have "some sort of deal with them." I am just one of a few gunwriters who was invited to Miles City, Montana, to "field test" the first few Ramshot powders on a prairie dog shoot 20 years ago. They worked so consistently, despite temperatures varying from around 40 to 90, that I also tested them at temperatures down to zero the following winter (by actually shooting at zero degrees, not just freezing the ammo) and they proved to be very consistent--and accurate. So I started writing about them--and also started using them for a lot of my hunting.

Dunno why other writers don't mention them much.

β€œMontana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck