I've had a few Tikkas in my hand. They fit me fairly well and seem to recall they have plastic trigger guards? And detachable magazines? I'm not a fan of either but they've been around long enough now I'd be curious how the plastic/polymer has held up to CroMagnon treatment (I'm not real gentle with the equipment).

The Christensen has my interest. I do recall a few QA/QC issues years back and wonder if they have been resolved.

I'm open to Weatherby's now that they have something other than the Mark V and mirror finish stocks and 10 lb rifles. I know folks that have used the Vanguard with no complaints but the people using them aren't what I'd consider backcountry hunters.

A bit more on what I'm chewing on - simplicity. I've been reducing the herd in recent years and am eyeballing a 2 rifle battery - elk size and bigger, deer size and smaller. For cartridge's, I'm thinking 300 WSM for elk+ and a 6.5 PRC for deer size. A 30-06 and 6.5 or 30-06/270 are also considerations. The 30-06/270 is attractive not because they do everything perfect but because they are available everywhere. I've considered the 1 rifle battery but shooting a 100 ln pronghorn or deer with a 300 WSM seems a tad much. I previously owned a Kimber 270 and it covered most of what I needed to do, currently have a Kimber 280 AI but its a tad on the light side with 160-175 grain max loads.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.