Originally Posted by bwinters
Thanks for the link - I wasnt aware anyone made bottom metal for the Tikka.

I really like the looks of the Bergara Premier Mountain. Why not more standard cartridges is a bit perplexing but it's their company. I'd think they could sell a few more with a 30-06 and 270 as standard offerings.

I was recently on a search for a medium light weight 30-06 and landed on the Bergara Premier Mountain. Since they were discontinued, I e-mailed Bergara and asked if they would be releasing a long action standard bolt face version with their Premier Mountain 2.0. They responded the next morning stating, no, they had been discontinued due to lack of sales.

I ended up locating a new/old stock rifle at a gun shop in Utah and had it sent up. I have only had it a few days and have not shot it yet, but overall impressions are very good. The biggest complaint is the weight is slightly higher than listed spec. My rifle weighs 6#-8oz. Listed weight is 6#-3oz.

As a couple other posters have noted there are still a few .270s to by found. I didn't find any .280AI's and only found the one 30-06 when I was in search mode. One minor thing to be aware of, the first two years of production used Timney triggers and had a round top receiver. These have D and E letter prefixes in the S/N's. The third year of production (F prefix) and new 2.0 version used Triggertech triggers and have a milled rear bridge on the receiver to accept Remington 700 scope bases.