Originally Posted by Hudge
I had never heard of year limit on tires until a couple of years ago. I was at Costco getting my wife’s tires on and couple came in wanting their winter tires mounted and balanced. Costco looked at the tires and told them these are over 10 years old we are not allowed to touch them. Ii had never heard of suck a thing and later asked another tire shop the same thing. They told me most shops will not mount tires older than 10 years old due to the rubber starting to break down and the shop doesn’t want to be held reliable for anything if it did blow. I’m sure a few lawsuits have occurred in the past.

Its horseshit IMHO opinion. I worked in tires for a few years. Company had all kinds of wacky rules that in my opinion was just to sell dummies tires. Like mismatched tires on a 4wheel drive on front and back, over 10 years old, this and that. Theres an old school tire store near me that will mount anything you've got for cash. They get all the business the chains wont do cause of "safety rules". I had an old truck with god probably 20 year old e ranges on it. Loaded them for bear all the time, didn't leak a bit of air.

Last edited by k20350; 10/27/20.