Originally Posted by gunner500
BTW DF, yesterday afternoon I got a text with a tracking number from the Buddy I loaned the rifle too, his cousin is a high dollar world traveler welder, he'd heard about me setting his cousin up with rifle, range finder and dope card, Buds cousin ask for my address, Bud gave it to him, he didn't think I'd mind, tracking number is for a package coming with 5 boxes of 147gr Hornady ELD's, Buds cousin is sending them to me from his personal stash as thanks, I believe I'm set with the little Swede for awhile. cool

My old Buddy is a shooter, but had to sell off all his stuff because leukemia is trying to take his life, we've already been through the whole MD Anderson treatment/marrow deal, he was pale and had already lost his hair due to the chemo when he came to get the rifle, so as you can see, this wasn't just a regular antelope hunt, I hope my friend lives long enough to chase mule deer at the same place out West next year. smile

Quite a story there, gunner. Happy you and your Swede were able to be there for him.

And, if and when we get to feeling sorry for ourselves, we just have to look around and be thankful for what we have (or don't have). We live each day by the Grace of God; we have no lease on life...

Working with my bud's new Mauser-18 Creed, it shot factory 147 ELD-M and 140 ELD-M into the same POI. I had some factory Winchester 140 target, used them for sight in, but they showed some pressure in this gun. Don't remember ever seeing pressure, as in stiff bolt opening, shiny case heads, etc with factory fodder. Well, I pulled those 140's, seated 130 NAB's, which shot 3/4" into the same POI. Typical Creed.

He just killed a cull buck, good exit, obliterated heart, messed up lungs, 60 yd. death run. He's very pleased with the gun and load. He's the one who did so well with PG in Africa with his 7RM Sendero with 160 NAB's over RL-26, so he's a big Accubond fan to begin with. This just reinforced his NAB fetish.

I let him know how well the ELD-M's work on WT's and such. But, doubt he gets off the 130 NAB's until he runs out of them. I just pulled another box of Win Target 140's, replaced with 130 NAB's. That takes care of all my factory Creed ammo. For my personal Creed, it's all hand loads, currently with 136L Scenars. The Creed is one of the easiest to load for, almost everything shoots good or great. The Swede's no slouch, Creed's just easier,

Just got a text, he's staying with the 130 NAB's, gonna save the factory 140 and 147 ELD-M's I gave him... grin

Do I know him or what.... wink

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 11/06/20.