Originally Posted by szihn
I personally have never killed an elk with any 6.5MM. But I have killed about 15 deer and antelope with 2 6.5 Swede rifles and one 6.5X54 Mannlicher.

I have also seen a bunch of deer and antelope killed with 260s Swedes, 6.5 Grendels and a few now with 6.5 Creedmoors.

Of all the elk I have seen killed with 6.5s, (those I can remember here and now as I type this)
6 killed with 6.5X55s.
1 with a 264 Win Mag.
5 with 260 Remingtons
3 killed with 6.5 CM

Various bullet have been used. Ranging from very poor to OK, to excellent.
If I were to pick just one as a deer and elk bullet to "marry a rifle to for all hunting" it would be the 140 grain Nosler Partition. Information strongly suggests to me that the AccuBonds may be just as good, but I have not had enough experience with 6.5MM AccuBonds to swear to that yet

Good post, S. I have not, nor probably will not hunt elk with my Creeds, or .260s. That being said, I have seen bullet performance on LOTS of deer and I would not feel handicapped at all with a 6.5. I, also, believe that the Partition is at the top of the list, but Hornady Interlocks, Speer Gold Dots and of course the coppers can be added to the list.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.