Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Nice ones.

I know you like VLD's, especially for LR work.

How do they compare with the 139 Scenar and 130 NAB, both of which work well for me?

BTW, I like and use VLD's, mostly the 140 Hunting in my 6.5-284. No complaints there. Haven't tried VLD's in my Creed, the Scenars are just so accurate, I quit shopping.

Just curious, your thinking on that subject.

DF

Edited to add, I've loaded some 156 EOL's in my 26 Nosler over Vv n-570. No blood yet, but they shoot great.

I've had a Berger tech tell me they don't like their Hunting VLD's shot over 3,100 fps, so I quit working with them (140's, etc.) in the Nosler. The 156 EOL runs smoothly at 3K in that gun, which is within their velocity window..

Your thoughts, comments..

I have never used the Scenar nor the 130gr NAB so I don't have a frame of reference.

I can say the the 130gr VLD has always worked great in the Creedmoor so I am not really shoppin for a different bullet.

You are probably on the right path with your 26 Nos.

I get 3250fps from my .264 Win Mag but it has a very smooth throat still and the 140gr VLD holds up even with close impacts.

When running the VLD hard the condition of the throat/barrel can affect terminal performance.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/23/20.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.