Unfortunately if you wanted a given bull hunt you should have paid a few grand more. It is what it is. You should have accumulated points in WY, CO, AZ and did a DYI hunt for half that. That I
Combine a drawn tag with a summer scouting trip out west. You said you're in teaching so have summers off.

Ive done a few guided hunts that were like yours. I paid attention when hunting and insisted to go back where game and sign were seen when they just want to drop you off to sit in an unproductive spot. Ive saved a few schitty guided hunts by being proactive using research on google maps before and going out on my own or insisting on moving locations when it was obvious the guides did not know area. A lot of those "guided private ranch hunts" you are just paying for access and not good guides to hold your hand if its under 8 to 10 k.

As mentioned getting a reference list of hunters successful and unsuccessful is a no brainer on guided expensive hunts. At least can pick their brain where they ran into elk in different conditions. Sounds like you didn't even bother contacting and talking to prior hunters and just relived the advertisement . That was your mistake

. Not shooting that cow was your mistake on your first hunt imo

Originally Posted by 5Redman8
Originally Posted by jimy
I'm just glad your not educatinging my kids, ever heard of google maps ? Why did you not know where and when you were hunting?
You did no home work, and pissed away some cash, its called getting an education .
You didn't do your homework and it cost you, no ones fault but your own !
Did you post any questions here before you booked your hunt ?
I didn't think so !

Not on this site....no. But on another site yes. Got good references.

I did know where I was hunting and I knew the exact dates. I didn’t get information on each individual property

To say I did no homework shows your ignorance. You ASSume quite a bit with no basis.

Having never hunted elk I am fully aware of my ignorance.

Last edited by ribka; 11/07/20.