"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

This is attributed to some old dead guy but I actually came up with this.

Speaking of me, I am compassionate yet objective and clear headed. Only I should vote. There would never be any cheating since vote tallies will be easy to count and there would never be a tie or runoff. Since these qualities are part of my genetic makeup, when I die The Vote should be passed down to my oldest male heir. This system worked for millenia everywhere around the world, look at all the trouble that has ensued from changing it.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!