Drillings are fairly complicated and expensive to fix so be sure everything is working.

Be sure of the cartridge they take, many just have bore diameters on the bottom of the barrel 8.8mm will more than likely take a 9.3mm bullet and even there groove diameter can run from .358-.366 and there are half dozen or more 9.3 based cartridges.

If the drilling or combo gun has claw bases, getting a set of rings can cost as much as the gun cost you. If you want a scope try to find one with a scope already mounted. Combo guns with grooved barrels are easier to mount a scope with standard rings.

Odd cartridges can drive the price down, C&H has dies for just about any of them. Buffalo Arms has a lot of the oddball brass.

They are addictive

I have two combo guns and one drilling that I use for coyote hunting.

1926 Wilkes drilling 16ga/16ga/6.5x58R Sauer it take .260 diameter butllets so I have to swage .264's down. The 16ga barrels have 2 1/2" chambers, 1oz of NP BB's kills coyotes just fine.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

BRNO Combo 12ga/5.6x52R(22 Savage Highpower) it takes .227/.228 bullets

Bernardelli combo 12ga/5.6x50R Mag, this takes standard .224 bullets

I have a P Sauer drilling that I bought for big game hunting but haven't hunted with it, to involved with coyotes to bother with deer.

Last edited by erich; 11/22/20.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders