Originally Posted by ingwe

I was using Hornady 25 gr HPs ( highly recommended by a few here and elsewhere) and I had them moving at about 3500 fps..so not red lined...
As was recommended they worked well on heavier critters like coyotes and raccoons, no exits. However I only got to shoot a couple coyotes with them and it didnt anchor them to the spot, they needed about 60 yards to officially expire. Im guessing I need a bigger sample....
Coons were DRT...even big ones.

I am unsure what velocity I fling the 25 Horn HPs at but I most certainly have NOT had chest shot coyotes go 60 yards. That's crazy. 7/10 spin a few circles and then fall. The rest drop instantly. I did blow the front leg of a red fox clean off one time though. That was the most destructive thing I have seen that bullet do, but I did hit it lower than I should have and missed the chest.

I could see the 20 grain VMAXs being awesome on grey fox...they were a bit light for coyotes though, especially on their shoulders. I may have been throwing them a bit faster than you...not too sure.