I go back - it’s only 100 miles. No family there anymore and I rarely see any faces I recognize these days. I left 35 years ago.

I was there last Saturday to pick up a gun I purchased online from a shop there. Had a beer at the bar & grill on Main St, went across the river to patronize the country store that re-opened this year with new owners after a devastating flood a few years ago and bought a sandwich from a bbq restaurant on my way out of town. Saw a lot of deer hunters in town on Saturday night, but did not recognize anyone.

A few days later I was speaking with a good friend on the phone. He lives about 4 hours away. He says “I was in town this weekend, I wish I would have known.” Well, crap. Me too.

The house I grew up in is the crazy cat lady’s house now. a classmate who on the ambulance crew told me they had a call there and the smell is unbearable. Driving by, it appears that the drapes that my mother put up on the living room window in the 70’s are still there - minus the bottom 10 inches or so that the cats have clawed away. It’s a damn shame, it is an extremely well built home.

Last edited by savage24; 11/29/20.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel