Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
There was a spruce at the end of our street outside of Debbie’s 2nd floor bedroom window, just tall enough where a group of guys could climb it and look in. So when bored and drunk we would occasionally partake. We didn’t have the internet back then.

Debbie was hot and blonde and rode our same high school bus and never bothered to draw the curtains much. I think the most we ever saw was her in her bra, pretty sure she liked the attention.

I went back to the old neighborhood a few years back and that tree is friggin’ huge now. That’s how I know I’m old 🙂

Debbie? My cousin ran into her a couple of years back and she told him I could climb her tree anytime. I was surprised she even remembered my name. Ya never know the effect you had on people.
I planted a white spruce seedling in my dads front lawn when I was about 10. It's 70' tall now. Things haven't changed all that much where I grew up. My best friend since high school lives 12 miles away. We're still best friends and hunt together every season. I live 2 miles from the house I grew up in. My dad still lives there and I visit frequently. My brothers all live within a 15 minute drive and I see them regularly too. My middle brother is now a teacher in the same high school we all graduated from. We all still get together at every holiday and to hunt and fish several times a year. I have one son an hour away but the rest of my kids are all within a half hours drive. Lots of the people I went to school with moved away but several are still here and I see them around town frquently. Since I didn't move away, I still know a lot of people around here. You don't have to "go home" if you never leave.