Just expanding on a common line of thought re ammo availability. My personal gripe...
Gun manufacturers!!! Used to be possible to rely on the big name American manufacturers for implicit assurance of long term ammo source. But things changed and particularly with rifles as a genre. When the 'new & improved' whizzbang features begin wearing thin within category of some so minor as not really sufficient to garner shopper attention, increased reliance on 'new & improved' whizzbang cartridges. Example I most often use is the 450 Marlin. About a single decade after introduction and some short years after discontinuance of the rifle, the cartridge moving from regular supply to 'batch offerings', to now... Gone!

The point, that American rifle purchasers are being 'worked'! As rifle new color shades are about all left to offer... Solution! Intro a new cartridge! Without any commitment of factory loading longevity! The majority of rifle shooters don't handload. The manufacturer upside to obsoleting a cartridge is often - de facto - obsoleting the rifle! Rifle customers arising from guns abandoned to collectors & handloaders!

Except as centrally in "collector" category, I'll stick with the more obtainable factory stuff where I have any choice. A 'shooter' pushing a century old, some legit excuse for true "obsolete" status. But such for the sake of contemporary gun manufacturer marketing & sales goals; no thanks!

Bottom line, such as the heavy chamberings discussed here, one matter to knowingly 'buy into' limited & expensive ammo. Where blindsided by manufacturers' lack of commitment to their own current era customers, quite another!

Best and just my 'wordy' take!
Happy Holidays!
John