Originally Posted by Ky221
Originally Posted by Osky
Great tips above. We hunt here in snow so it’s easy to check aftermath. I feel just like coyote hunting a huge factor is how quietly you get in and get set up.
Once you bump them, they are not coming back for a while.
Bird noises, small rodent sounds. I’ve watched them come in all thru the open west and even tho your offering a free wounded steak dinner the darn cats will be distracted by every silly movement along their path. Patience.

Osky

Have you ever messed with a house cat with sounds ? Notice when the sound stops the cat stops? I think the same is true with bobcats. Keep the sound going often with smaller lapses in pauses. And I think the bobcat will come much more quickly. All of mine I have been well under 20 minutes. Course these are just the cats that I did see.

Interesting Ky... I have long done control shooting of canines in the west, cats out there were are not my target so I stay with the cadence and variation I always use. Watching cats poke their way in is fun and they make great alarm systems for slinking coyotes slipping in.
Up in northern MN where I hunt cats during season the snows are generally very deep which slows the cats up pretty good in general. We have probably eight milllion or more deer stands on public land, most of which the guys who put them up clear shooting lanes. Lots of options but again, patience. I’ll try your method.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.