Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by goalie
Dwayne,

I've got the whole red green collection.

I guess I'm close enough to the border that I find it funny and I crave Tim Hortons coffee. wink

Red Green is like the Canadian Patrick McManus. And yes, big thumbs up for TH coffee, it's stocked here in the grocery stores less than 200Mi S of the 49th.....

Edited to add, when new carbs became less than 2x the cost of a carb kit, carb kits became far less desirable. I can have a replacement carb on before someone can get a dirty carb off and apart, let alone clean, back together, and back on.........

horse1;
Good morning to you sir, I trust the day's looking at least okay for you folks and all is as close to as it should be as possible in your part of the world.

Thanks for the info on Tim's coffee being sold in grocery stores down south. I want to say that Tim's is now owned by a Brazilian conglomerate that owns or used to own Burger King and Wendy's so it makes sense they're trying to broaden the market and all that.

My goodness I hear you on carb kits and new carbs. My young boss at the last place I worked prior to attempting retiring had a Stihl weed whacker that just wouldn't run right. The local saw shop said it wasn't worth their time to even look at it because they'd have to use factory Stihl parts, etc., etc. Even though they'd sold it to him less than 2 years prior.

Anyways, I said to him, "Let's let Grandpa take it home and take a quick look at it..."

Went online and for $20CDN had a carb, spark plug, fuel filter, fuel line, two primer bulbs and gaskets sent here - from Hong Kong of course. Oh, the cheapest carb kit I could find online was about $35CDN without import duties and freight. While I'm loathe to support the Chinese communists in any way, I wanted to do a favor for a friend who had a limited budget.

As you said, I had the new carb on in 10 minutes and it runs fine now.

All the best to you in 2021 sir and thanks again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"