Had a buddy from England send me a male and a female out of his grittiest stock of dogs. He used them to hunt and kill badgers and to bolt foxes out of holes. Any dog that'll take on a badger face to face in a hole in the ground is one bad*ss dog. I used to take one along every night coonhunting with my hounds as we had alot of abandoned irrigation pipe and alot of times the coons would hole up in them rather than tree. Every Jack Russel I ever owned would take on the biggest coon, and we took a few every year that would weigh 40 pounds. Absolutely no backup to those little dogs, and they're quick as lightening, they'd run down rabbits and catch every barn cat we turned loose. They're also awesome quick swimmers, saved many of my hounds from getting drowned in ponds or the river. A coon would get on top of a hounds head and they'd go underwater from the weight, that little Jack Russel would swim out and latch on to the coons face and snatch him off my hounds head. They're amazing little dogs, I'd swear you could sic them on a Mack truck and they'd think they could whip it. The tougher something fights the more psychotic they get - they love to fight and kill stuff. The most hard headed dogs I ever raised, but for what I used them for, they were perfect.