Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I've never tried R26 because I've never found any. That being said, it appears to be the magic powder in several cartridges. The praise is so high that I am not sure why there is a need for other powders in the burn rate. Seems like it makes all other powders obsolete. What's the real scoop?

In part, there are usually other powders that do just as well but because of the significant velocity gain in some cartridges, everybody else is gonna make it work too. Have head several reports of RL26 not always being the most accurate.

According to the Alliant tech I talked to RL26 was designed for overbore, highish pressure cases shooting heavy for caliber bullets. That's why Alliant has only limited number of cartridges with pressure data. The 270 and 7RM are two of the biggest beneficiaries. 243 doesn't do bad either.

I have one 270 that loves RL26 for both accuracy and velocity. Couple other 270's and 243's that do well. One 243 that appears to hate it.

But at this juncture folks are sprinkling RL26 on their Wheaties and claiming their farts go 200fps faster..........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.