Originally Posted by Mule Deer
SU35,

One thing about 26 many hunters don't understand is that while it's reasonably temp-resistant, it wasn't designed to be, and consequently isn't as resistant as powders designed to be from the get-go. In my tests it's pretty good in cold, but not so much in heat. (Ramshot Big Game is also not designed for temp-resistance, but I have found it to be very close to the Hodgdon Extremes in that regard, in a variety of cartridge/bullet combinations.)

On the other hand, the Endurons are pretty good in heat and cold, as they're designed to be. IMR8133 proved to be the best powder with 160s in my 7mm RM.

On another note, ALL of the Vihtavuori powders are now both temp-resistant and contain a decoppering agent. Since they're popular among target shooters, the company is also into introducing powders designed primarily for a specific cartridge. Recently tested a couple of new ones, and they really work.

Of course, finding any powder right now is tough. I saw VV powders on websites a month or two again, probably because they're a little more expensive than many others. But now they're pretty much gone as well.

Mule Deer can you elaborate on the caliber specific powders?

Thanks