Originally Posted by TRexF16
Originally Posted by Motown
I have never used RL26 but was able to snag an 8lb canister last week. Just got done loading up some for my Tikka 6.5 Creed with 135gr Bergers, and also for my Tikka 270 with 145gr ELDX. Gonna try to hit the range tomorrow and see what it will do.

Hi Motown,
Please share the results with the 145 ELD-X in the .270, with as much detail as you can. I plan to try the same combo and would love to have your experience to build on.
Thanks, Rex

Hey Rex,

I did also run a ladder test with RL26 in the 270 as well this past weekend. I started at 59.0 grains working up to 61.0 grains in 1/2 grain increments.

The issue I ran into with the 270 tikka is the seating depth. I wanted to try and load about .03 off the lands but the mag length will not allow that, and to fit them into the mag the furthest out I can seat them is .100 even with a mountain tactical mag. Because of this I loaded up everything at .100 off and most groups would put two together and one further out. I will mess around with seating depth more in weeks to come and update when I can.

One thing I can say is that I had no pressure signs even at 61.0 grains using a magnum primer. The recoil at 61 grains was noticeably harsher than most loads I have tried in this rifle before, but it seems that it also showed the best accuracy node at 61.0 grains as well. My Creed also showed the best accuracy with the near max load as well and I think this is where RL26 shines!

Last edited by Motown; 01/12/21.