Originally Posted by Marshhawk
Great video. I picked up a FLIR thermal last year. We go to TX from Wisconsin to hunt in February. I really like the thermal over digital night vision. We used to go to Alabama and pig hunt. We tried calling pigs with a e caller. I THINK it worked. We tried calling a couple places but nothing.
As we were walking out a boar about 125 pounds ran across an opening but for some unknown reason stopped right before it got to the thick stuff. I was able to hit it. I was using 95 gr Barnes TTSX out of a 6.8 SPC. We walked over to where the pig was standing and found a fair amount of blood. This was only our second year of pig hunting at that time so we were rookies still.
As deer hunters we thought well that is a fair amount of blood let's follow it. EXTREMELY thick undergrowth and next thing you know I have a boar grunting and kind of making a popping sound about 5 feet away in thick crap. I don't know if he charged as I really couldn't see him. I never got the gun to my shoulder before I let loose. several shots later it was over.
I refer to that as my redneck cape buffalo hunt. The pig could have been bigger but you have to work with what ya got:)

laugh

I hear ya!

The boar last night went into very thick brush. I'm pretty sure my dogs found him dead last night shortly after I shot it. But being dark, and thick brush, I waited to go find him this morning. Put the dogs out again, and they went straight to him.

But I wasn't gonna crawl into a thicket at night to find him last night... wink (I'd left my .45 at home.... maybe I need to start carrying it.)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!