Originally Posted by Marshhawk
I guess I did not make it clear that this was in the daytime sorry about that. Not to hijack the thread but I have since switched over to 120 GR Hornady SSTs for pig hunting. The 95GR TTSX will blow thru a pig but if you do not hit bone they do not seem to slow pigs down where the 120s seem to really hurt them and they don't go far.
I have a buddy that used a 62 gr fusion out of a 223 bolt action to kill a 200 plus pound white and black boar. shot it quartering away so it did not go thru the shield but behind it towards the off shoulder. 18-20 inches of penetration but very very little blood. This was a night hunt and we found it dead about 75 yards away. The bullet weighed 46 gr after recovery.Picture perfect mushroom but awful small compared to a 30 caliber bullet. I am not sure how it would have faired had he shot straight thru the shield.
My Wife wants to move south and TX is tops on our list for many reasons. Pigs are in the plus column. Just to let you know we are Conservatives and bring the right values:)

Our kind of folks!! Come on down and welcome. We have more hogs to hunt than mfg’s have rounds!

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.