I have 2 Thermals, an XQ50 Thermion that is full time on a rifle (either 6.5 Grendel AR for pigs and coyotes, or a 243 bolt gun when I am serious about killing coyotes), and then I have a Hogster 35 I use as a part time scanner/part time backup rifle optic. Backup meaning one of my kids or friends wants to go with me.

For years I have used a Foxpro CS-24 for calling coyotes. This year though I wanted to get into not just spotting and stalking pigs, but calling them in as well. I bought the Convergent caller, studied up on Glenns sounds, and put the app on my phone. To be honest I have not given it a fair shake yet. I have only tried it a couple times with pigs so far and have not called any up. They were hurried sets, not optimal by any means. But I have used to Predator Pro app and called some coyotes with the Convergent. It has some good sounds, and really good sound quality. I have no doubt the Convergent system will work.

The next 2 months I will be hitting coyotes hard. But then I will swap over to pigs and really start trying to call them.