Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Originally Posted by JPro
The problem is that the "hate" group balance has made a large shift in the last five decades. Under the broad umbrella of "hate" activity, is there still white supremacy and such? Of course, but it makes up a much smaller portion of the overall than it used to. It seems like much of the "hate" these days comes from the other side of the aisle, yet the old white supremacy example gets trotted out all the time with a small handful of actual evidence, while the volumes of other evidence is overlooked on purpose. America sees this, much like the "Cops shoot unarmed minorities" dogma. Do unarmed minorities get shot by cops? Of course, but the TV and internet would have you believe that it happens 5 times a day in all the major US cities. America sees this too. If the numbers added up, it would make sense that "hate groups" and "racist cops" are the problem, but the numbers simply don't show that. America knows this. The country I live in, by and large, is a much less racist place these days than when I was a kid 30 years ago. I'm talking real life here. Watching the MSM, you'd think is was up 200%.

Until social media, none of this has been in the public eye so they remained small and unnoticed. Extremist groups came into existence because of social media regardless of whether they were the boogie boys or antifa. Social media gave them a platform to grow. Social media is finally recognizing this and taking responsibility but as in most cases they maybe taking it too far. Newton's third law doesn't apply to just physics. As for cops shooting unarmed minorities, the numbers are not up, they are just being seen for the first time and people who did not realize it existed are taking notice.

People can love or hate whoever they please, they just can't act on it physically or it's quite possibly illegal, infringing on another's rights. That's America. Remember Kathy Griffin's photo op with the Trump head? It was in poor taste, but not illegal.

And regarding the cops and the shooting unarmed minorities, you missed my point. My point is that it certainly does happen, mainly due to the sheer volume of daily interactions, but the MSM acts as though it is rampant, when it is clearly not. It is a fallacy and a disservice to the public to cherry pick bad examples and treat them like they are the status quo. If you want to highlight a small-percentage occurrence/tragedy, at least share the whole story of he larger percentage occurrences for an accurate perspective. But that is clearly not the agenda.
America sees this "spin" and this is a large part of why so many do not trust the MSM.

Now with even more aplomb