Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by mart
Our son married a great girl. Three months after they married he was diagnosed with leukemia. She stood by him the whole time. Through the chemotherapy and into remission. When it came back she was by his side for the stem cell transplant and once again into remission. They had three years after the second bout before it came back. Then it was so aggressive he only had five weeks from finding it returned to when he passed. She was by his side, unwaveringly until his last breath. Yeah. We did well in the DIL lottery.

She has since remarried to a guy we really like. They have a child whom we consider our grandson. There will always be a place in our hearts for her.

My heart breaks for you on the loss of your son, but glad you are finding happiness in a grandchild and staying close to your daughter in law.

I have two DIL's. Both are stay at home Moms and raising my grandchildren. Don't always agree with their ways but try to keep my mouth shut.

My one son in law is a captain in the Fire Department and he can hardly start a fire out camping. Go figure that.

But I've got their boy (grandson) under my wing now teaching him all the important things like how to tie a palomar knot, whittle a stick, throw a baitcaster, and shoot a gun.

Thank you. It's been a little over nine years now. Seems like both yesterday and a lifetime ago. I am ashamed to admit I had to google Palomar Knot.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.