Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by KFWA
I will be there the month before you

Depending on when you go in June, you might not be hitting the Going to the Sun Road (the only road in the park). Just casual averaging in my head, looks like the 3rd week of June is when it typically is cleared of snow and open for business. I don't know if they 'partially' open or not, some others will be in the know on that. Not sure how the current snowpack is, or forecasted for the rest of the winter either.

yea, I hiked in Banff in mid June and while the roads had no problems in getting there, two trails we hiked ended up requiring we turn around due to waist deep snow. I am just not familiar enough with GNP to know if that was an issue or not, and was part of the reason I was asking about an SUV, specifically an AWD one.

I also hit Yosemite once in late April and they wouldn't let me in the park unless I had snow chains on my car (which was also a rental) so I had to park at the visitor center and hike just what was close by which sucked.

I will be there June 16th

Last edited by KFWA; 01/19/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings