Originally Posted by Seafire
By Jobama bin Biden...

how long before we see $5.00 a gallon or more for a gallon of fuel?

that sure didn't take long did it?

of course the Canadians had the contingency plan all along when they had started a pipeline from Alberta to Vancouver...

they will finish that and instead of selling the fuel to the USA... they will ship it out of Vancouver to China...

smart move JoeBloe... smart move..

Seafire;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you folks.

While it's true that the federal government at the behest of Prince Shiny Pony did purchase a pipeline, they've not done much - if anything at all - with it since doing so. Well other than saddle the Canadian tax payers with more debt.

There already is a pipeline there by the way, this was to double it's capacity or twin it, but again as far as I'm aware they're not making much progress on it.

For anyone interested, here's the Alberta Premier, Jason Kenney's reaction to having the project shut down.

He uses the term "gut punch" but it's more like a kick in the nether regions to a long, long time ally and trading partner in Alberta.

As my friend from up the valley 673 mentioned, PM Sparkle Socks does not appear to give one tiny flying flip if we starve to death out west, since we didn't vote for them at all and votes after all are what the power hungry crave.

The current PM was, I'll note, a drama teacher before entering politics, not an economist like Stephen Harper - so where the money comes from to pay for anything isn't his concern apparently.

While I won't say that we in the west were not expecting this and were bracing for the worst, it's still a kick for sure.

At any rate sir, that's just one Canuck's view on the situation and as previously stated I'm not in the energy business and only know what I read, what I hear and what folks in the business tell me.

All the best to you all Seafire. Here's to better and brighter days for both sides of the medicine line.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 01/21/21. Reason: better wording - maybe???

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"