Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by WAM
I’ve never had ANY .35 Whelen misfires with tons of Remington and Federal factory ammo or my handloads. That is from a sample of several thousand dating to 1989. I do not doubt that Remington QC could be a culprit in excessive headspace. All the Remington ammo that I have fired was purchased around 1990 or so. None since Federal loaded the TBBC. HAPPY TRAILS

BINGO. I waited a long time for my 700 Classic (this is before I knew better about what POS 700 actions are) and when I got it, the bolt lug slots had been over cut so the bolt would over rotate and not pull back. That's the last time I owned a Remington although we do have one up at our place in PA (a 22-250 bull barrel) for ground hog work. I loved my 35 Wheelen Ruger although I did replace that hideous boat paddle.. smile

My 1988 700 Classic has no such problem or any of the other POS issues discussed here and elsewhere. Nor does my 1966 700 ADL .308W. Both obviously escaped the hands of the incompetent crew and less than observant QC. From what I have seen in recent years, I’d not buy a new Remington rifle. If I run across a Weatherby Mark V 9-lug .30-06 or .270, it’s off to rebore or rebarrel to .35 Whelen. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.