FWIW,
One can buy Lapua 9.3x62mm Mauser Brass, with the proper head stamp, which is enough for me. The 286 grain Nosler Partition is another..

I have a 51' 06' Model 70, with one of D'Arcy's legend stocks, that may very well become one. Five beats three, even well put, any day... Why do I suspect that is going to be picked upon?

I sure as dickens need one...;-)

I actually could use a pre-64 9.3x62 Mauser as my M70 Stainless Classic in .375 H&H, built by John Ricks, has THE WORST trigger I have ever squeezed on a full custom rifle. Further the trigger parts are coated in Robar NP3 & Rogard. One would have thought John would have put some effort into that trigger.

Mark Penrod's take on that trigger is better, however, the cast trigger parts stink no matter how deep you polish or stone one. I find far more Pre-64 70s with a good trigger than Classics. Granted Mark says the steel is cleaner in the Classic. Give me filth and a decent trigger.

Anyone else reading D'arcy's blog on the Pre-64 70's, standard length, that he made into a .300 H&H and .375 H&H pair? Would love to be a fly on the wall...

Regards, Matt.

Last edited by Matt in Virginia; 02/04/21.

NRA Life Benefactor Member