Well it's been a few years sine I made a double, but I have 2 set of barrels I made sitting back for my "retirement days" if I live that long. One is a fast twist 62 cal for the making of a "600 Black powder express". There was no such thing in the old days, but what it's going to be if I ever get it done is a double firing lead 900 grain bullets copied in size and length from the 600 Nitro Express, but cast instead of being jacketed. The other is indeed a double 8 bore. I have the breach made for one of them (the 8) and the plugs made but only 1/2 fitted on the 62 cal.

But I have them set at the far end of the line. At my age I feel the pressure to satisfy all my customers and get down to "zero guns" on the back log before I do anything for speculation.
The last double 8 I made was about 16 years ago. That gun had engraving on the locks, trigger guard, butt plate return and the sock was checkered made on a VERY nice piece of Bastogne walnut. That one sold for $7500.

Flintlock double got for a lot more because to make a large bore flinter you need recessed breaches and inset pans, so such guns have to be made with 2 mirror image locks and those locks have to be hand made. Cap-lock guns can be made with modified commercial locks. Still not fast or easy, but a lot les work then making the locks from bar stock.