Didn’t mean to offend, the UNIMOG thing was obviously a joke. In all seriousness what I read is as follows:

1. Your neighbor says HIS truck is a ‘real’ 4 wheel drive and your Z71 with a G80 locking rear isn’t a ‘real’ 4 wheel drive.
2. You don’t get it and want to be enlightened. Is that correct?

My opinion (and the point of the UNIMOG joke), he wants to engage in a ‘my truck is better than your truck’ argument for self gratification. Any vehicle without a locker on the axle could be viewed as 1 wheel drive on that axle, but no one says it that way. You don’t see a car with an open diff and say “there goes a 1 wheel drive car”. Yes. He has a locker front and rear and you have a locker in the rear only. So I suppose he means you have a 3 wheel drive.

But what he really means is he wants to get in a d*** measuring contest with you. I don’t ever see a reason to go down that road, especially with an idiot of a neighbor. The only way you can ‘win’ a contest like that with your neighbor is to go get something that is so clearly superior to his new toy he will shut up about it. Obviously that’s foolish, which is why I would just smile and nod when he starts engaging in a ‘my truck is better than yours’ discussion.