Originally Posted by 79S
Everyone that buys a diesel gets on this kick that they now own a real truck.

John,
My first memorable impression of a diesel truck wouldve been in the early 90s. Walter, an old woodsman/logger back home in northern Maine had a ford diesel one ton. Though fairly new, every inch of it was dented, he had tire chains, cables, axes and chainsaws hangin off every corner of the dmn thing. It was crude, and dirty, like him.

He was leading a few guys to a fresh cut, where we could get limbs for firewood. My father and I was in his truck. Somebody blocked the logging road with stack of hardwood logs that were larger than 4 ft in diameter.

One fella in the group hooked a chain to a single log to his f-150. He cinched up the chain and spun. He's slammed the chain and spun. Axle wrap just ah hopping that truck like it was a neutered bunny.

Walter came over with a long chain, wrapped around every one of those dmn 4 ft logs. He pulled them all at about 15-20 mph. He drove right into a 2 ft ditch, and kept those logs going off road into the woods.

I was probably 9yrs old, but fkn sold......

The highest density of lifted diesel douche-mobiles that do nothing, would have to be Wasilla Alaska.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 02/25/21.