Got back from a dismal pheasant hunting trip in eastern Colorado. Reality is there just aren't many birds.

Conditions were perfect for finding birds. Snowing lightly first day...easy to see tracks. Nothing in CRP grasses. Nothing in shelter belts. Nothing in corn.
Second day, not snowing and sunny, but still fresh snow for bird signs and tracks. Lots and lots of bunny, mice, and tiny bird tracks. Saw two birds flushing a couple of hundred yards away.
Last day, snow starting to melt. Found a few tracks in wheat stubble adjacent to shelter belts and picked corn. Kicked up a hen.
No dog on public land is tough...I understand. Willing to put in the work for an opportunity for a bird, but if they just aren't there, I'm wasting my time.

So...looking for recommendations or first hand knowledge of a local sportsman, outfitter, or company to book a trip with myself and my brother. Not at all interested in hunting with large orange clad army groups marching up and down fields. Fence rows and small patches are just fine.
No stocked birds. If I need a pheasant that badly, I'll go to the butcher.
Dogs ok, I miss my GSP, and enjoy watching a good dog work.
Guides are handy but not vital. As long as I'm not trespassing or interfering with someone's farming, I'm low maintenance. Someone to give me a ride back to my truck is nice...and appreciated.
Don't need a five star hotel. Clean and friendly just fine. Not a big drinker.

Thoughts? Anything I should know or whom to avoid?

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10