The first time I took my .375 RUM to the range I had to quit shooting after only 6 shots because the recoil was so bad. I had a KDF brake installed on it and that tamed it enough to work up a moa load with 300 grain TSX bullets. After my first African hunt with it I also put a recoil reducer in it's stock. The combination reduced the recoil enough that I worked up another moa load with 270 grain bullets. On my second African hunt with that rifle I comfortably shot several animals from prone positions.

Then about 12 years ago when I bought my .300 Weatherby, before I put the first shot through it I had a KDF brake put on it and I also put a recoil reducer in it's stock. It's felt recoil is at or less than my .308 Win in an almost identical rifle. I've since used this rifle on 10 or more hunt without any recoil concerns, even with many prone shots hunting and practicing.

I also have had a 7 mm Rem mag for about 20 years that I've used on many hunts. I do not have a brake on it, and I'm comfortable shooting it off a bench or prone.

I shoot pistols, rifles, and shotgun almost every week throughout the year and ALWAYS wear ear protection. I also wear ear protection at least 99% of the time when hunting.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member