Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
MH,

POI shift with and without a brake depends on the brake and the barrel, but usually doesn't change much, IME. You'll have to check and see how POI compares for your rifle. The benefits of using a brake obviously include reduced recoil, but IMO even more important is that your ability to stay on target through the scope is increased (i.e., you can spot your shot easier). The downside is increased muzzle blast.

Bottom line, if you're hunting with it and don't plan to be really diligent about hearing protection, I'd run the brake in the off-season when practicing, but would take it off when hunting. Just check POI with and without the brake, and re-zero accordingly.
That.

Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Thanks for the comments. Below is what comes with the rifle. Not good for prone shooting?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Only if yer on pavement... But grass/dirt etc., you're gonna get quite a cloud of crap over you...

When I have a customer ask me to install a brake the first thing I ask them is how it will be used......on the bench? On some rest while hunting? Or prone? When I hear anything about 'prone' I suggest a brake with no holes down so as to minimize that issue.. KDF makes a brake they refer to as 'sniper-style' with holes only on the sides and top, but not the bottom.. A good customer that I've built a few rifles for uses his for mostly long-range target shooting and all from a prone position.. He loves those KDF brakes w/o holes on the bottom.. And just two days ago he dropped of his rifle and a new barrel to be installed, and to add the brake to it as well..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!