Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I'm not sure why people fawn over an M700. Nothing endearing or high tech about that action. Its design was based off ease of manufacturing and cost, not performance. Seldom are those actions straight, horrible triggers, janky bolt release, junk extractor, brazed bolt handle....

Which has worked fine for so many for years.

You only need what you need. I've not seen one not capable of MOA accuracy ever. I"ve not seen one with the old triggers that couldn't be worked to a decent pull. Even a dangerous pull if you were stupid.

Now some day I may see or feel the need for more. At that point factory probably won't cut it.

FWIW last 700 I paid used 250 for. pulled the factory tube off. Put a cheap shilen on. Didn't true a thing. Shoots around .5 moa on out towards 600 that way. The previous barrel easy shot MOA to about 400 as far as I played with it. Did replace the trigger since it was one of those doctored up newer ones that need much more than adjustment though.

Bottom line the rifle as purchased with a cheap Nikon on it and not bedded would kill deer all day at 300 easily. Beyond that many have no business trying.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....