Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Rost495, compare a Remington action to any of the newer actions on the market from Sako, Tikka, Kimber, Barrett, Bergara, etc. and explain to me Remington's virtues....

We get it. Remingtons are junk. I am curious why so many small semi custom gun makers have copied it almost exactly. If they didn't copy the 700 then it was pre 64 model 70. Man are these guys stupid.

They've copied it almost exactly because it's a very easy design to machine/manufacture. That's what it was designed to be. That doesn't mean Remington has always done an exemplary job of manufacturing them, nor of quality control. It's easy to make a good one, Remington just hasn't always done it. A good design still has to be well executed to make a good product. Most of those who have "..copied it almost exactly..." probably aren't using Remington triggers or barrels.

I only have a couple of 700's and really have no complaints about their performance. I did put a Timney trigger in one and it's a definite improvement.

Right now, I would be leery of anything that's recently come out of the Ilion plant..and I know people who've spent their entire careers there.

Mathew 22: 37-39