Originally Posted by T_Inman
I can honestly say that I only have two true friends. They have never come to visit me at all, as I always go visit them, so I guess a guy could say they're not as good of a friend as I make them out to be. I have lots and lots of acquaintances though that I like and get along with, but I don't 100% trust them. They'll help me out if I really need it, but only if it is not real inconvenient for them. I've been burned too many times over the years by going way the hell out of my way to help someone out, only to not have that favor returned.

I am generally an inverted loner anyway and prefer it that way. It makes life simpler.

T, I can relate.

Moving around the country for work makes it difficult to maintain friendships. Sometimes I need to go back to a place I was for various reasons, so it's been easy for me to look up a "friend" while there. Most friends from SoCal were not coming to Bummfugg NW PA just because I was there tho. I did have two friends stop by though......................they were passing through on their way to someplace more exciting I think.

For you, I mean really.......................how many folks want to visit the Rock? wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?