Originally Posted by BC30cal
krp;
Top of the morning to you brother Kent, I hope the weekend was acceptable for you folks and you all are well.

As I see your tastes are not that far from my own, I'll offer the following suggestions to you or any who might be interested.

When the beer flu hit us up here there was no shortage of Canadian beer, spirits or wine but some of the imported stuff began to become scarce.

As a general rule if I was in the mood for spirits, it'd be either Pike Creek which is an Ontario made product with a unique barreling program or Famous Grouse blended Scotch.

Here's a link to Pike Creek for anyone interested.

http://www.pikecreekwhisky.com/s/#!/home/1

All that to say when we couldn't find Famous Grouse here, one of the young fellows recommended I try this new product called Proper No 12 Irish Whiskey.

[Linked Image from static.whiskybase.com]

It's become a go to for me as I find it smoother than Famous Grouse, but of course as many posters have noted we all taste differently.

If however, one doesn't mind the flavor of Bushmills Black Bush it's worth a try.

Hopefully you or someone out there finds this helpful should your usual spirits be gone from the shelf or you're feeling like trying something new.

All the best to you and your fine family Brother Kent.

Dwayne

Brother Dwayne, week has started well, made inspection this morning and waiting on concrete to arrive.

I haven't seen those brands but admit I buy what's at the grocery on sale.

I saw you mention Canadian club, I remember the old timers drinking that in camps, I admit to drinking some in those guys memory sometimes.

My buddy and I were 15 and up at fish camp in the white mountains. We hunted and fished with some of the biggest farmers/ranchers in the area, some really good old timers.

My buddy, who's still my best friend, and I came back to camp from fishing, they let us take the truck on dirt roads though we didn't have a license yet. We walk into the trailer and there's about 5 men sitting passing around a bottle of Canadian club. A stranger to us was there, he had the bottle and asked if we wanted some with a smile... no sir, thank you sir... he laughed.

We go outside and look at each other... he's a movie star, that's Ben Johnson... and so it was, he was friends with the ranchers, even passed away here in Mesa in a house developed on the farmers former property. He was a very down to earth guy and cool to a couple of young'uns.

Kent