Originally Posted by Windfall
Probably far from a rare chambering, my 24H-DL .22 mag/20 gauge has the silver colored receiver, trigger guard and gold trigger like the third one from the left of Wink_man's picture. I haven't paid attention to the Savage 24 used market, but I'm remembering that most of the 24's that I've seen have the blued receiver. Seeing only that one silver one like mine in Wink_man's post has me wondering if mine is a little out of the ordinary? Thanks.

May not be a rare chambering, but the "DL"'s with the brazed barrels are highly desired, especially with the silver receivers. Extremely accurate also because brazing the rifle barrel full length to the shotgun barrel makes it very stiff.

I have 2 in there, one with a replacement trigger guard, both 1967 J DL's. 67 was the last year of the silver receiver, in 68 the J DL's went to the standard black receiver.

H DL's preceded the J DL's and I assume yours has the selector switch on the receiver not on the barrel? If so, it would make it 63 or earlier, I believe in 64 they went to the selector in the hammer.

Value wise the gun is worth a good chunk of change they are highly desirable as I stated earlier. I couldn't give you a value cause I haven't been following the prices lately, but last I knew(and that was a while ago, worth $500 without batting an eye) and if you do decide to sell, check Gunbrokers "completed sales" to get an idea what it is worth.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people