Beautiful rifles, hit and miss in the accuracy department since they came out. Of the half dozen or so I know that owned one, mediocre at best and no one was happy with their accuracy.

Maybe 30 years ago, was in what was at the time, the premiere gun shop in our area,, when a customer came in with his Ruger in the box and demanded his money back. Long time customer, so they refunded his money. Had a chat with him and one of the employees, while he waited a few minutes for an owner to appear. Guy said he loved everything about the rifle, except how poorly it shot. And for that kind of money, it wasn't acceptable. He had spent hours at the range with it, trying a wide variety of ammo and nothing suited him.

Then there was the club member several years ago, that bought the SS heavy barrel/laminated stock 22 mag.

Leupold target scope, trigger and bedding job, still couldn't put five inside an inch, rested @ 100 yards. Day I encountered him he was trying some new poly-tipped ammo in it, hoping he'd found the Holy Grail. Nope. Asked me to shoot it. Best it would do was about 1-1/4". To say the guy was disappointed, would be a gross under statement.

I like Ruger rifles and have owned several. Just not these turkeys. They hit the mark with the 1022 and the RAR, so there's that?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.