but....a gorgeous 320 was in its place. SOLD! Without a doubt my favorite blued walnut 22 I own and I get a lot of compliments on it.

Congrats on the catch.

Very nice rifle for its day. If you wanted something with walnut and some quality back then before the M320, you were buying a Rem. 541, which I never really liked.Or something that was really expensive, like an Anschutz sporter? Around the early 80s, Win. M320s had really appreciated in price A $60 rifle was fetching over $300 by then. Partly because of the Kimber of Oregon connection.

Was at the range with several other rifles one day in the early 80s and the M320 was laying in an open hard case on the next bench. Shooter comes over, looks at it. Flaps his gums about what a nice looking 22 that is and asks it it's for sale? Sure, make an offer. He offered a hundred dollars. Told him to triple it and we'd start a proper dicker. He laughed, said he guessed I wasn't giving it away.

Got lucky years ago and picked up an extra NIB Win. mag for it at a gun show. Same mag as the original Kimbers, but they're pretty scarce these days. Best part, mine still shoots close to half inch groups at 50 with Mini Mags. Just like it did over 30 years ago. Since I got the RAR, that's pretty much taken it's place. Don't wanta scuff up the Winchester.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.