Originally Posted by High_Noon
Rifles And More:

How's the wind since you've been there?

I was in Laramie about 5 years ago and I felt like I had stepped back in time. [b]Virtually no groids, messikans, or camel jockeys at all - I don;t even remember seeing any. All the personnel at the hotel were white [/b]- the cleaning staff was comprised of mostly good-looking white chicks from the U of WY. Everyone working at local shops and restaurants was white as well. It was refreshing and I felt like I had traveled back to the 50's or 60's. Man it was nice and like you said, it felt good.

Congratulations on yer move.

Right! Don’t know how any of the above could lead to the “ snap judgement” that you are attempting to interject racism & bigotry into the narrative.

I did read your essay, it IS well written & shows deep thought but belies the same assumption that “all” should be blamed for what “some” do.

I’m new to the fire, but not new to life. I lived in Los Angeles, CA where I was a Los Angeles Cop for 34 years. Not unfamiliar with a melting pot of races obviously including illegal aliens. Without going too long I’d summarize where you & I disagree as I think the percentage of “bad actors” is a tiny minority of the group & I hear you flipping that ratio, while broad brushing the whole group.

It’s not my intent to denigrate you personally. Just the harsh statements. I have had friends who were all of the above races, who were murdered by all of the above races. I don’t blame everyone in any particular race for any of that.

You & I do agree on a lot. Just not what bigotry is.