go swift AI if you are going down this road, will mitigate brass flow and trimming brass every firing or ever other firing. ON a short action with the longer bullets, you will be at max mag length on a brand new barrel and not be near the lands....depending on the throat length. Since you are thinking on heavies, think 88g Hornady first, and a 85.5g full bore second, 80.5g Berger Second, 77g tMK 4th.

You will NOT be a happy camper with a std swift in these intense loads with heavy bullets, pressures run high, and std swift design really sucks in terms of brass flow, thickening necks, with full length sizing and trimming on each firing required. The Swift AI, solves a lot of problems, and turning necks in a fitted chamber solves more problems.

Figure 800 round barrel life.

I shot the barrels out of 4 swifts years ago, two Ruger 77 and two Savage 112J. We fought brass problems to eliminate flyers. Brass flowing into the neck is a killer as the necks thicken up. Swift AI is a monster, and you will have amazing success with turn necks.

There is a a point where speed/accuracy starts declining, and the 22 Creed along with the 22/250 AI is optimum. I also run 22/243 AI, and chasing carbon fouling takes the most educated of those that know how to clean a barrel. If you are wanting an adventure, go 22 Grendel for an amazing experience.

Do your homework War Eagle, good times abound. I have stated the problems three times, I hope you can understand the complexities in solving these problems that are like a revolving door of accuracy killers.

Last edited by keith; 02/25/21.