Originally Posted by keith
ON a short action with the longer bullets, you will be at max mag length on a brand new barrel and not be near the lands.

This was a concern and the driver to asking the question.

Originally Posted by keith
go swift AI if you are going down this road, will mitigate brass flow and trimming brass every firing or ever other firing.

[snip]

You will NOT be a happy camper with a std swift in these intense loads with heavy bullets, pressures run high, and std swift design really sucks in terms of brass flow, thickening necks, with full length sizing and trimming on each firing required. The Swift AI, solves a lot of problems, and turning necks in a fitted chamber solves more problems.

The Swift AI is not entirely out of the cards...I get that the case is dated and modern case geometries (or AI'ing) solves the problems associated with tapered cases and sloped shoulders. Not entirely decided on that option yet but appreciate you mentioning it. I think if I went with an AI case, it would be the .22-250 AI. I also recognize that the .22-250 gives me some better options at the very start just due to availability of brass and specifically the availability of more quality brass options.

Something about the Swift though....