I will give you another perspective. I like the standard swift very much. Not many rounds shoot flatter. I have a Ruger heavy barrel model with the laminated stock. It is very heavy to carry long distances thru the deep snow. So I am within a couple weeks of having a pre-64 M70 action returned with a new douglas barrel. It will be a duplicate of the original M70 standard grade barrel which was 26" in length with a 1-12 twist. My sole use for this will be coyote hunting-mostly calling but some baiting as well. I doubt I will ever get a shot over an honest 300 yards and the huge majority will be far less. I'm in the upper midwest so usually I can't see much past a couple hundred yards and most coming to a call are maybe 125-150 yards. So I have no need for the really heavy bullets that the guys with really fast twist like. In my Ruger swift, I'm currently using 50 gr. bullets for coyote and that is with a 1-14 twist. The 1-12 will shoot 60 gr. very well which is as heavy as I need. I do not shoot a lot: I don't shoot hundreds and hundreds of rounds in load development to get the last tiny bit of accuracy out of a rifle. I work up a load with a bullet I like and then hunt with it. I have read many accounts of guys that have many more than 800 rounds thru their swifts and still shooting good, so it sounds to me that barrel burn-out at 800 is from lots of shooting with the barrel getting HOT which mine do not. Another round with the long sloping case design is the .300 H&H and you never hear of people that own these having to trim every time. They absolutely love them. In my opinion, as a coyote rifle, the swift is hard to beat. Have fun.