In the Ruger, I did not have feeding problems, the savages were single shots.

Swift AI is a real monster, strong brass.

80g A max is a great deer bullet, shoot them through the slats, you will not recover the bullet.

If you were to build a dedicated deer/hog rifle, the Swift AI would just be awesome, Fire form your cases with 14g of Bullseye and cream of wheat, then go full power loads or fire form on hair like I do.

I would order a reamer with .050 freebore on the Swift AI, will serve you well with bullet ranges from 60-80g with a little throating to be done on an 88g, maybe.

If you can find any, the 62-75g Speer Gold dots are bonded core bullets, but a schitty BC..

If the Swift AI is not your huckleberry, then a 6 Rem AI will shoot the 80's at 3650 and never full length size the case, with 3800 is reality if you stomp on the gas. You can comfortably shoot the 80's at 3550 in the 243 AI, but it is hard on brass at higher velocities.

IF you go 22/250 AI, be sure of two things:

Go Lapua brass

have your reamer spec'd out for CIP(European)brass, NOT SAAMI(American)brass which is smaller in the web, This is a major [bleep] up for many that go down this road not knowing what kind of reamer is being used.

NOTE: the Swift AI has a lot of powder capacity, and stuffing the bullet down in the case will not hamper powder capacity.

Last edited by keith; 02/26/21.